TCCS is a non-selective, choice public elementary school that gives priority to families residing in Community School Districts 5 and 6. It first opened in 2011, and continues to add one grade level each year. Once it reaches full capacity TCCS will serve students in grades pre-K through 8.
Teachers College Community School Open Houses
Teachers College Community School is excited to welcome prospective families to TCCS. TCCS Open Houses provide families with an opportunity to learn about the school's curriculum and philosophy for educating students. Parents will also learn about the unique partnership between Teachers College and will engage in a Q and A with school leadership and returning families. Below are dates for our upcoming Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and Middle School open houses.
Middle School Admissions
MIDDLE SCHOOL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE DECEMBER 1, 2017
Middle school offers students opportunities to explore their interests, discover new subjects, and learn more about themselves. New York City students can apply to up to 12 middle school programs.
This fall, your child will get a personalized Middle School Application. They are eligible to apply to any of the programs listed on their application.
If you have questions about Middle School Admissions, please call (718) 935-2398 or email MSEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov.
TCCS Middle School Open Houses
- Thursday, October 19th, 2017-9am-10am
- Thursday, October 26th, 2017- 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday, November 9th, 2017-5:30pm-6:30pm
Upcoming Open Houses
PreK and Kindergarten Admissions
Elementary education prepares your child for success in school and life. Start your child’s journey in NYC public schools by participating in three elementary school admissions processes: Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Gifted & Talented.
TCCS Pre-K and Kindergarten Open Houses
- Thursday, November 30th, 2017-9am-10am
- Tuesday, December 5th, 2017-5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018-9am-10am
- Wednesday, January 10th, 2018-5:30pm-6:30pm
Upcoming Open Houses
Students are admitted to TCCS by lottery at three grade levels:
- Grade 6
The lottery process is managed by the New York City Department of Education. Students in all other grades are admitted from a wait list maintained by the school, depending on availability of space.
Lottery Selection Priorities for Admission
- District 5 (map) and 6 (map) residents whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-6 at TCCS in September 2017
- Students who live outside of Districts 5 and 6 whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-6 at TCCS in September 2017
- District 5 or 6 residents who are currently enrolled in Pre-K at TCCS
- Students who reside outside of Districts 5 and 6 who are currently enrolled at the school in Pre-K
- District 5 and 6 residents
- Students who live outside of Districts 5 and 6