TCCS, in collaboration with Teachers College and Roads to Success (RTS) offers several after school program options for children in Kindergarten and above. The goal of the TCCS after-school program is to provide a safe, productive and creative environment to enhance student learning, extend the curriculum, and promote areas of learning and self-expression. Three themes permeate the program: wellness/physical activity, STEM and arts.
- TC Clubs start on Monday, September 25, 2017 and run through May, 11, 2018.
- Roads To Success starts on Monday, September 25, 2017 and runs through June 22, 2018.
Students may participate in either or both of these programs, which will be administered separately and run in parallel to one another. More details about the after-school courses and schedule will be provided to parents. Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have questions regarding TC Clubs. Questions regarding the Roads to Success program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2017-2018 school year, after school programming will not take place on the following days:
- School closings due to school recess, holidays or inclement weather, determined by the Chancellor’s office
- November 15th and 16th-Parent Teacher Conference Days
- November 22 - Day before Thanksgiving Recess
- December 22 - Day before Christmas Recess
- RTS after school programming begins on Tuesday, January 2, 2018
- TC Clubs after school programming begins on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - children participating in TC Clubs that need after school between January 2 - January 15 can enroll in an RTS bridge session
- March 14 and March 15 - Parent Teacher Conference Days
- March 29 - Day before Spring Recess
- May 11 - Last day of TC Clubs
- Children participating in TC Clubs that need after school after May 11 can enroll in an RTS bridge session
Upcoming Days with No After School Programming
Click on the event to save you your calendar
Teachers College offers after-school enrichment clubs that are open to Kindergarten-6th grade students. Students may sign up for 2 to 3 days a week from 3pm-5pm, at no cost to families. Clubs are taught primarily by TC graduate students who have expertise in the area they are teaching. Students receive a snack and participate in one or more enrichment clubs, which are tailored to different age groups. The following clubs are available for each grade level:
- Kindergarten: Drama, Math Games, Robotics
- 1st Grade: Drama, Math Games, Robotics
- 2nd Grade: Fit Kids, Music Moves, Robotics
- 3rd Grade: Fit Kids, Music Moves, Robotics
- 4th Grade: Music Moves, Orchestra, Science Discovery
- 5th Grade: Creative Technology, Orchestra
- 6th Grade: Creative Technology, Orchestra
TC Clubs are in session September 25th to December 20th and January 17th to May 11th 2:55pm - 5pm
Roads to Success
Roads To Success provides high-quality enrichment and care to Kindergarten-6th grade students from Monday-Friday, 3pm-6pm. Students receive a snack and participate in Dance, Art, Movement and Nutrition until dismissal. Roads To Success celebrates the end of the year with a culminating performance open to the school community.
Each program is structured to include the following components:
- Homework Help - Students receive assistance with their daily homework assignments.
- Healthy Snacks - A variety of nutritious food is provided to each child that meets the guidelines of the Federal Government Food Program.
- Recreation and Enrichment Activities - We offer a diverse array of activities to build self-esteem/self-confidence, positive communication skills and promote physical fitness, leadership and team work. Some activities include:
- Visual Arts
- Lego Robotics
Roads to Success is in session September 25th through June 22, 2017 2:55 pm - 6 pm
Math Coach is an after-school initiative that provides targeted and engaging math instruction to students in grades 3, 4, 5 and 6. Math Coach takes place in the Spring for 6 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-5pm at TCCS. Students at all levels of mathematical proficiency have an opportunity to ask questions and delve into mathematical concepts.