TCCS, in collaboration with Teachers College and Roads to Success (RTS) offers several after-school program options for children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The goal of the TCCS after-school program is to provide a safe, productive, and creative environment to enhance student learning, extend the curriculum, and promote areas of learning and self-expression. Three themes permeate the program: wellness/physical activity, STEM, and arts.
- TC Clubs start on Monday, September 24, 2018 and run through May, 10, 2019.
- Roads To Success starts on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 and runs through June 21, 2019.
Students may participate in either or both of these programs, which will be administered separately and run in parallel to one another. Please do not hesitate to contact Amy Hawley firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding TC Clubs. Questions regarding the Roads to Success program should be directed to Kamla Hall, TCCS Site Director at: email@example.com.
For the 2018-2019 school year, after school programming will not take place on the following days:
- School closings due to school recess, holidays or inclement weather, determined by the Chancellor’s office
- November 14 and 15 - Parent Teacher Conference Days
- November 21 - Day before Thanksgiving Recess
- December 21 - Day before Winter Recess
- RTS after school programming begins on Wednesday, January 2, 2019
- TC Clubs after school programming begins on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - children participating in TC Clubs that need after school between January 2 - January 22 can enroll in an RTS bridge session
- March 13 and 14 - Parent Teacher Conference Days
- April 18 - Day before Spring Recess
- May 10 - Last day of TC Clubs
- Children participating in TC Clubs that need after school after May 10 can enroll in an RTS bridge session
Upcoming Days with No After School Programming
Click on the event to save you your calendar
Teachers College offers after-school enrichment clubs that are open to Kindergarten-5th grade students (6th and 7th grade students can register for Orchestra). Students may sign up for 1-2 clubs (2-3 days a week), at no cost to families. Clubs are taught primarily by TC graduate students who have expertise in the area they are teaching. Students receive a snack and participate in one or more enrichment clubs, which are tailored to different age groups. The following clubs are available for each grade level:
- Kindergarten: Science Discovery, Musical Theater, Stage Kids
- 1st/2nd Grades: Original Kids (art), Science Discovery, Recorder (musical instrument)
- 3rd Grade: Artistic Dreams (art), Yoga, Science Discovery
- 4th/5th Grades: Artistic Dreams (art), Yoga, Robotics
- 5th Grade: Creative Technology
- 4th-7th Grades: Orchestra
TC Clubs are in session September 24th to December 20th and January 23rd to May 10th.
Roads to Success
Roads to Success operates an after-school program that helps young people gain the skills to be positive members of their communities and identify future potential pathways. Each day after school is very active at RTS, where every child will participate in:
- Enrichment activities (visual or performing arts, sports and team-building, science, service learning, and more);
- Academic skill support (homework help, reading activities, or academic games);
- Community circles (cheers, group games, appreciation ceremonies, etc.);
- Snack or meal
These activities will culminate in events and showcases where families can come and celebrate their children’s milestones and accomplishments together.
About Roads to Success
Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence and practice generosity in their communities. Roads to Success is dedicated to helping young people discover the self-esteem, self-reliance and empathy necessary to become future leaders and driving forces of positive change. We are led by a passionate community of young educators—a lead-by-example staff who are dedicated that all of New York City’s young people are given a fair and equitable chance to fulfill their dreams.
Roads to Success is a nonprofit organization listed under section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.