PA General Meeting Minutes
- Mr. Hill, our counselor, is no longer at TCCS. He was supposed to be here for the remainder of school year but was pulled by DOE to cover a maternity leave.
- We still have school based mental health program here 20 hours per week and next year they will be here full-time.
- We also continue to have access to TC’s school based mental health partnership
- Amy Harowley is our current TC Liason (temporarily replacing Ms. Cox until full time replacement is found). Ms. Sarabia is also assisting with TC clubs/afterschool at this time.
- ELA 3-6 is complete. It went smoothly, fairly low anxiety for students, and children were working productively. Principal Verdiner is very proud of all of our studetns.
- Studio in a School for grades 2/3 has begun and will run for 6 weeks.
- Grade 4/5 will participate in Studio in a School after Math exams
- TC is hosing a parenting workshop on bullying, taking place on 4/18/2018 @ 5:30pm in MPR
- Coming up in May, there will be another TC Parent Workshop on Internet usage/safety.
- Next week is SPIRIT WEEK!-Participate and support our student council.
- TCCS Raised $1019.33 from the book fair
New School Update:
- Construction is moving along, everything is currently on schedule, classrooms already assigned, necessary improvements should be complete by July/August.
- The kitchen will need a full 2 years to be completely renovated
- There will be no construction going on during school hours, only outside of school hours.
- Principal Verdiner will reach out to Superintendent/SEA to see if a meeting can be held for parents to ask additional questions about construction/timelines, etc.
- Money continues to be raised in various fundraisers
- Budget continues to be adjusted as these new funds come in
- Membership drive CONTINUES!
- All proceeds go toward funding enrichment for our TCCS children
- Studio in a school was funded to fill in the arts for all grades this year at TCCS.
- April 16thto 22ndis MATCH WEEK! An anonymous donor will match all donations made this week at 100%
- Online orders extended to May 1st
- Don’t forget to order your legacy tile!-We will be starting a legacy wall at the new location
- Upcoming Yoga classes to take place at St. Joseph’s Church basement.
- If you would like a FREE Yoga Mat, see Saralinda!
TCCS Got Talent:
- Show takes place 4/21
- Our TCCS children have been working hard and are ready to showcase their talent
- TCCS’ 7thAnnual Parent Social/Silent Auction is just around the corner: 5/4, 6-9pm
- Get your tickets online OR in person during some a.m. drop offs
- Online bidding begins Friday April 20th…Share Share Share the online auction link with friends and family, anyone can bid!
PA Executive Board Elections:
- Get involved, run for office!
- Elections take place the evening of 5/15
- If you have questions, please speak with any PA Board Member!